UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
School of Medicine
• M.D. (degreed conferred In March 2006)
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
College of Arts and Sciences
• B.S., Cellular and ivitilecular Biology
|RESIDENCIES||HENRY FORD HOSPITAL||Detroit, MI|
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
|Stony B., NY|
|PRECEPTORsHIPS AND MENIOR1NG IN ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY|
|8/09-2/10||Cleveland Clinic, Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery with Dr, Oarsoum.||Cleveland, OH|
|3/10-5/10||Wayne State, Dept of Orthopedic surgery with Dr. Morawa||Detroit, MI|
|11/10-3/11||LSU, Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery with Dr, Anissian||Shreveport, LA|
|5/11-8/12||Lakewood Orthopedics Surgical & Medical Group||Lakewood. CA|
UNIVERSITY Or WASHINGTON
DEPARTMENT OF ORTHOPEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE
|2002-2004||Medical Student Research|
• Compared two surelcal procedures by performing surgery on cadaver feet. The feet were pre-operatively and post,operatively tested using a loading frame capable of simulating the gait cycle.
• Elias F., et al. “Surgical Intervention for the Clawed Nallux Deformity.” Presented at the 2003 Orthopedic Research Society (ORS) conference and accepted for prentation At the 2004 /American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS),
• Elias F., et al, “Foot and Ankle international”., Correction of Clawed Ha!lux Deformity: Comparison of the Jones procedure & FHL transfer in a Cadaver Mader , 03/W07, Volume: 2g, # 3.
UW DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Undergraduate Student Researcher
• Developed 4rk assay to measure the amount of methoxyphenols in urine after exposure to ambient woodsmoke; assay became instrumental in dewing for accurate evaluation of confounding variables.
• Dills R., Paulsen IA, Ahmad .I., Kalman, Elias F., Simpson C., Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, Evaluatlnn of Urinary Methoxyphenols as Bionizrkers of woOdsmoke Exposure„ 04/2006, Volume 40, Pages! 2163-2170.
|Oct 2018 – Present||Haven Orthopedics
|12/2015 – Oct 2018||CedarPointe Medical Group|
|9/12 – 12/2015||ASSOCIATE AT LAKEwOOD ORTHOPEDICS aIRGICAI, & MEDICAL GROUP Uw DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES||Seattle, WA|
• Teaching assistant for first year Medical school Anatomy and Embryology course.
• Responsible for teaching living anatomy, facilitating lab dissection, and holding review sessions.
TEXACO CONVENIENCE STORE
• Responsible for scheduling, stocking, convenience store inventory, and handling customer complaints.
STIPENDS FOR TRAINING ASPIRING RESEARCHER (STAR)
• Worked In various labs and gained insight into research methodology,
• Conducted a rneta,analysls looking at the vertical transmission of Hepatitis C from mother to infant in HIV negative women.
• Member of the University of Washington School of Medicine Admissions Committee, 2002-2005. Responsible for screening applications and conducting applicant interviews,
• Active member in the office of Multicultural Affairs, 2001-200s. Taught anatomy to participants in the summer Minority.IVIedical Education Program (IVlivIEP).
• Community Health Advancement Program, Dermatology Clinic for the Homeless: Volunteer provider, 2001-2003. 4 Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Science Education Partnership, 2002. Taught pediatric ‘cancer patients how to use microscopes and demonstrated interesting science experiments,
• Science tutor at local middle school, 2001. Mentored students interested in a medical career.
• Sunday School Teacher, 1999-2003.
• Youth group activities coordinator, 2000-2002. Responsible for coordinating youth activities.
• Medical school intramural sports teams, 2001-2003. Basketball and softball.
• Interests include marathon running, weight training, scuba diving, reading, and playing the baritone.
HONORS & AWARDS
• Excellent evaluations while surgical resident at Henry Ford Hospital and Stony Brook University Hospital.
• Recognition for excellence in tutoring anatomy and embryology course.
• Honors in 11 pre.clinital medical school courses, 2001’2003.
• Deant’s List recognition, 1998-2001,
• Tutor of the Year in Chemistry, 2001.
• Washington State scholar, 1998,
• Fluent in Arabic and French
California Physician. and Surgeon Wdical License: Al22000
Haven Orthopedics Oct 2018 to present.